Founder of the The Talent Equation
What a great conversation this was with Stuart Armstrong! Stuart has spent the past 20 years focusing on Athlete Development and this conversation focused on:
- Talent (what it is and how we can foster it in our players)
- The potential myth that talent needs trauma
- That Mathew, Pygmalion and Gal (can you find it in the REV) Effects, how they affect player development and selection, and what parents and coaches can do to combat them.
- Relative Age Affect
- Jean Cote’s personal Assets Framework
- Specialization vs. Over Training vs. Early Engagement and the effects on drop out rate
- Optimum practice design – what parents and coaches need to understand about skill acquisition and how kids want to learn
Stuart deep dives into these topics on his popular The Talent Equation podcast, be sure to check it out.