OYSA awarded a US Soccer Initiative to Grow Grant!
Targeted to bilingual coaches who speak English and Spanish, the grant will take coaches from no license, through to the C Course. All for no cost.
Click here to read the note to the clubs
ITG Grant Coach Application – Grassroots Course
ITG Grant Coach Application – D Course
Starting March 14, 2022 – SafeSport training will be required to register for US Soccer Courses
U.S. Soccer Grassroots Courses (2023)
- 9v9 Grassroots Course In-Person – May, 31st – Beaverton
- 11v11 Grassroots Course In-Person – June, 2nd – Beaverton
- 9v9 Grassroots Course In-Person – November, 18th – Grants Pass (Course will open October, 1st)
- 11v11 Grassroots Course In-Person – November, 18th – Grants Pass (Course will open October, 1st)
- 9v9 Grassroots Course In-Person November, 19th – Medford (Course will open October, 1st)
- 11v11 Grassroots Course In-Person November, 19th – Medford (Course will open October, 1st)
- Click here for Club Hosted Grassroots Course.
- Contact Vanessa Mann at email@example.com to set up a course
If you have a team that would like to participate in one of our courses, please reach out to us.
U.S. Soccer D Courses (2023)
- Summer 2023 – D Course – Beaverton ( OPEN. 26 max candidates)
U.S. Soccer C Courses (2023)
- Fall 2023 – C Course – Salem (OPEN. 26 max candidates)
US Soccer B, A-Youth, A-Pro, Academy Director, Director of Coaching (DOC) and Talent Scout Courses
- Check the Learning Center for current courses and applications for these courses
- Available B Courses
- Available A-Youth Courses
- Available A-Senior Courses
Contact the office if there is any continuing education that you would like to see OYSA offer.
Grassroots Course Details
All you need to get started with our Grassroots courses is a Profile in the Learning Center.
Once you create a profile, you can begin watching our Introduction to Grassroots Module immediately. Once that’s done, you’ll be eligible to take our online Grassroots courses and sign up for our in-person Grassroots courses.
To progress to the USSF D Course, complete one of the four online Grassroots Courses, and complete two of the four in-person Grassroots Courses (one must be 11v11).
- Online courses are $25 and will take about 2 hours to complete.
- In-Person Grassroots Courses are 4 hours long, 2 hours in the classroom and 2 hours on the field.
D License Eligibility
In order to register for the U.S. Soccer D Course, all candidates must meet the following pre-requisites:
- Two in-person Grassroots Courses (one must be 11v11 and the other one can be 4v4, 7v7 or 9v9)
- One online Grassroots Course across any of the four levels (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11)
OR, if you previously earned a USSF F, USSF E, or both:
- USSF F + Introduction to Grassroots Module + 11v11 Grassroots in-person course + one other Grassroots in-person course of your choice
- USSF E + Introduction to Grassroots Module
- USSF E + USSF F + Introduction to Grassroots Module
- 2 Weekends (2 day in-person meetings each weekend)
- Two (2) in-person meeting – Meetings must be 6-8 weeks apart. Saturday 8am-4pm and Sunday 8am-4pm.
- Independent learning and development periods
- 1 on 1 meetings with instructor
The D Course facilitates the improvement of the candidates in the Six Tasks of a Coach across all four game models (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11) with an emphasis on Coaching Training Sessions.
U.S. Soccer Licenses
All USSF courses are listed in the Learning Center. OYSA offers Grassroots, D & C Courses in Oregon.
C License Eligibility
In order to register for the U.S. Soccer C Course, all candidates must meet the following pre-requisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have held a U.S. Soccer D license for at least 12 months
- -OR- meet the waiver guidelines
- Currently coaching
Interested candidates who wish to apply based on a waiver must submit an application directly to the hosting organization.
The C course consists of one course meeting separated by a development period before and after the in-person segment. The total course duration is approximately 14 weeks.
- Course Meeting
Four days onsite with full group
- Development Period
13 weeks in home environment with assignments and mentoring