Board of Directors
Volunteer to Serve
Our Board and District Directors exist to support the mission of the OYSA by directing policies that will carry youth soccer in Oregon for decades to come.
This is a tremendous opportunity for volunteers who want to influence and shape our programs for years to come. We have several open positions on our board and in our districts, and we need more dedicated, passionate volunteers to help us steer Oregon youth soccer into the future.
Board Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the OYSA Office.
Board Responsibilities and Authorities
- Enforcing and interpreting OYSA’s bylaws and policies
- Establishing and amending OYSA’s Policies in accordance with bylaws 901 and 903
- Approving member clubs and establishing districts
- Assigning member clubs to districts
- Approving all appointments, whether paid or unpaid, made by officers and their designates
- Establishing policies for specific cases or occasions not provided for in the bylaws and policies but deemed necessary to carry out the objectives of OYSA
- Approving member club bylaws and assuring their consistency with OYSA’s bylaws and policies
- Establishing OYSA’s financial policies and approving OYSA financial affairs within the context of the annual budget
- Approving all dues
- With a proper hearing, suspend, barr completely, or otherwise discipline any OYSA participant or spectator from any member, affiliated club, or affiliated league
- Delegating the operation of hearings to exercise the Board’s disciplinary authority to such bodies as may be established by the Board through policy
- Suspending or removing OYSA officers and directors in accordance with Bylaw 404, Section 6
OYSA Board President
OYSA Board Vice President
OYSA Board Treasurer
OYSA Board Director at Large #1
OYSA Board Director at Large #2
Soccer in Oregon is divided into nine districts. District boundaries are formed by population of area served. Each district is represented by a District Directors. District Directors are nominated and elected by the members clubs within their respective Districts at the OYSA Annual General Meeting. District Directors shall be limited to a maximum of two three-year terms. They will serve on the OYSA board and attend or call into the monthly meetings.