Right about now is when we need a feel good event. Well here it is. Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) joins OYSA to HONOR THE GAME. On September 19-20 please mind your Ps and Qs by:
- Withholding instructional cues, reminders, and coaching
- Ask your kid after a game or pracitce what it was like to only hear positive comments
- Join in SILENT SATURDAY, aimed to focus on all positive feedback and silence all negative comments from fans!
Why Honor the Game, you ask?
- Foster leadership skills allowing players to give [your] instruction on the field
- Give players a chance to trust their skills without input or concern that their mistake wil be corrected from the sidelines.
- Support our youth referees by inspiring confidence in a game atmosphere without sideline commentary.
- Remind coaches, parents, and players that practice is the time for instruction and games is the showcase for learning.
SHARE YOUR HONE THE GAME EXPERIENCE FOR A CHANGE TO WIN A PRIZE.