2nd OYSA FIFA 20 eSports Tournament
To participate, it is necessary to have access to a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console, a corresponding PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account, and access to the EA Sports FIFA 20 game for your console.
Tournament registration is open immediately to any youth aged 13-17 years old and registered to OYSA through a soccer club in Oregon/Washington. Registration closes on Wednesday, May 6th at 12:00 PM.
The single-elimination tournament begins on Thursday, May 7th at 4 PM and will consist of one round per day with games at 4 PM each day. Once registration has closed at 12:00 PM on Wednesday, May 6th, bracketing and the full schedule (depends on registration numbers) will be released and all participants will be notified via email.
There is no entry fee, and the registration process is simple. As this is our second eSports tournament, please have patience with us throughout the process and give us as much feedback as possible so we can improve going forward. To register, click the Battlefy tournament link for your console (PS4 or Xbox One).
The prizes for the champions and runners-up of each bracket are TBD. The prizes for the semifinalists of each bracket who do not advance are $25 gift cards to Tursi Soccer Store.
Check out the rules below, and if you have any questions, please email Eric Bocan, OYSA Manager of Leagues & Tournaments: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitors must add each other as a friend on PSN/Xbox Live.
- Make sure that your Xbox Live/PlayStation Network privacy settings are set to allow you to send/receive friend requests.
- You must play your opponent through the Online Friendlies Mode, NOT FIFA Ultimate Team. Guest players are not allowed.
- To do this go to Online -> Online Friendlies
- First player listed in Battlefy is in charge of starting the match, opponent should verify the settings.
- All games will use these Online Friendlies settings:
- Half Length: 6 Minutes
- Controls: Any
- Game Speed: Normal
- Squad Type: Online
- First player listed in Battlefy, after having connected as friends with your opponent on Xbox Live/PlayStation Network, invite your opponent to an Online Friendlies match on your console shortly before the 4:00 PM match time.
- Players are responsible to kick-off their match no more than 7 minutes from their 4 PM match start time. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit by the player not present to play within 7 minutes after match start time. The admin of the Tournament reserves the right to modify the start time for any match, in the interest of the tournament.
- IF THE MATCH RESULTS IN A DRAW, players will start a new Online Friendlies match, which will represent Extra Time. In the new match, the first player to score wins (when a player scores in the new match, just take a picture of the score for verification and then end the game).
- Winners are responsible for reporting the win in Battlefy.
- If you won your match, enter 1 for yourself and 0 for your opponent in Battlefy — do not report the actual score of the match.
- A screenshot or photo of your game screen showing the winner and loser MUST be uploaded to Battlefy with the win report. Failure by the winner to report the win on Battlefy will result in a match forfeit.
Foul and/or abusive language will not be tolerated. Bullying will not be tolerated. If you experience this behavior, please report it to the tournament admin: email@example.com, who reserves the right to take whatever action deemed necessary for the good of the tournament.
- If a player fails to play his/her scheduled match, this will result in an automatic forfeit.
- Rescheduling your match will not be allowed, unless prompted by tournament admins.
- Appropriate and friendly behavior is expected by all players.
- As with all online games, you may experience a poor internet connection/lag — complete the match, regardless of this.
- Tampering with your internet connection to have an advantage in your match will result in a forfeit.
- If a player quits, exits, or disconnects from a match, regardless of the situation, it is the responsibility of the player from the opposite team to notify firstname.lastname@example.org, who will help resolve the situation.
- Submitting your scores before the start of your match is not allowed.
- Cheating is NOT allowed nor is submitting a false match win report. Doing so will result in a match forfeit.
- Photo or video evidence is required if you claim your opponent has broken any of the rules listed here.